Saturday, November 1, 2008

2 WHeeL 12 - Gas stops so early?

Turns out that I was wrong about Ape Hanger and Chrome traveling north on Adobe Rd. shortly after the start of the rally. How do I know this? Shortly after my previous post we wrapped up everything at the start and the four of us traveled caravan style over to a local greasy spoon cafe for some gravy covered omelettes. Well, on the way to the cafe I noticed two Milwaukee types at a local gas station. Guess who? Yep, it was Ape Hanger and Chrome. At just after 6:30 they were prepping to leave their first gas stop...nearly 1/4 mile from the start of the rally. Good luck fellas.

The next interaction that I am likely to have is during the one hour call in checkpoint between 11am and Noon (PDT). Of the two available checkpoints most riders have chosen the call-in option. Then, at noon Tasha, GZ, and I will be heading to the physical checkpoint near Amboy, CA.

The weather is perfect (a bit of a chill in the air now that the sun is up) and it should be a great day to rally.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Bro... I need some fuel.

Tracey Moyer said...

This iis awesome

View Scott Wright"s profile on LinkedIn